Tuesday, December 1, 2009

GAME Plan Progress

The following are questions to use, assess and review my GAME plan progress:


• How effective were your actions in helping you meet your goals?

• What have you learned so far that you can apply in your instructional practice?

• What do you still have to learn? What new questions have arisen?

• How will you adjust your plan to fit your current needs?

Measuring my progress and evaluating to see if there is any thing I can do to improve my strategies and actions can be perpetual when meeting goals for my GAME plan.

My immediate goal for developing lessons with the implementation of technology to supplement activities and lessons is going well. At present I have reconstructed my lesson plans for this semester into an electronic format. This will allow me to evaluate and review information I need for planning lessons with digital-age experiences and content. In addition this action will also help me to include more problem-based learning activities to help my students work in groups or in self-directed activities, developing their creative-thinking skills. Cennamo, Ross, & Ertmer (2009) advocate teachers use the “ GAME plan for self-directed learning to work with students to set learning goals, take action to help them achieve those goals, monitor learning progress and evaluate both their learning and my teaching.”

For my second goal, I am doing some research to gather data for my administration to see how Blogs can be used as a useful tool in the classroom. I am still awaiting an answer about the Blogs being blocked from student use in our school. This is a county-wide policy so there is a huge amount of red-tape to go through. On a more positive note, there are several teachers who are in support of taking the block off of Blogs sites. I think eventually we will be successful, hopefully by next semester!

At this particular time I do not have any new questions and will continue to work on my GAME plan with adjustments as needed and as time allows.


Cennamo, K., Ross, J., & Ertmer, P. (2009). Technology integration for meaningful classroom use: A standards-based approach. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.

5 comments:

Mr. P said...

Deborah,

You have taken some positive steps towards incorporating technology into your daily lessons. It was scary for me at first giving up that control to the students in terms of collaborative work. How are you feeling about it?

Keep up the good work and fight for those Blogs. I personally am transforming my class more and more to a half in class half online format right now and the students really enjoy using Blogs. I would do most everything online if I had a classroom set of computers just for myself.

Good Luck,

Eric

April Thompson said...

I have found that making electronic copies of lessons has been very beneficial for monitoring and evaluating them easily. Keep up the good work!

Phil said...

It is good to see that you are going through the process of trying to allow blogs to be used in the classroom. Having a county wide ban sounds like it is going to be a bit hard to do all by yourself. Good thing for you that other teachers feel the same way you do about the blogs. Compiling data about the blogs and their educational use might help to persuade the few who could turn this rule around. Good luck with the fight.

Rachael said...

Deborah
It sounds like you are doing well with your game plan. I like the way you have now began to do your lessons online. Keep fighting for access to the blogs. My district began allowing students to use blogs last year with parental permission and things are going really well.

deborah.thomas5 said...

Thanks everyone for your support and suggestions. Hopefully, I will be successful in getting the block lifted on Blog sites where my students can add an additional tool for educational purposes.

I have had many helpful suggestions over the past few weeks! Thanks Again!